Monday, October 8, 2012

....Worth it.



I am worth it. My life is worth it. This journey is worth it. I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it. It has been a long year and a half. I have struggled so much with myself, and I think I am starting to heal. For a long time I have felt that I was not worth it, that my life was not worth it. I did something this weekend that was entirely for me! For the first time in my life, I did something for me, knowing that a lot of people would not be happy and or okay with. I got a tattoo this last weekend. It is on my left wrist, and it says "worth it". It is a constant reminder that me and my life are wroth it. This is not something I did at the spur of the moment. I have been thinking and yes, even praying about it. I asked and wondered if this was the right thing for me in my life. The answer I got was yes. I received this answer in so many ways, it was hard to ignore. I can honestly say that it is helping me already. I was feeling really down and just not happy with my self at all, and then I got a glimpse of my tattoo, and I was reminded that I am worth it. It may be hard to believe right now, but with time, and continual repeating in my head I will believe it. I am so glad I got my tattoo this last weekend. I am so thankful for the constant reminder that I am worth it. I am so proud of it and my self for taking this giant step in the right direction!

No comments: